Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So.... what happened

So what happened on that weigh in… it probably never happened. I continued to live in denial and tried to find new ways to lose weight! I tried not eating, I tried throwing up, I tried a magic pill in a bottle. At the end of the day I had the same feeling to all of it – THIS IS NOT WORKING! So, I talked to my wonderful husband and we decided for me to give Nutrisystem a try. WOW, I LOVE this program. I was very scared to order because I didn’t know what I was getting myself into but thought I would give it a try. I started 12/14 – the week before I turned 30. I made the decision not to drink or partake in the food on my birthday and just to enjoy everyone. This was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. The next morning I felt good – I had made decisions that were good for me. That continued through Christmas and New Years. I actually like the way I feel sober!! I always felt like I HAD to drink… I don’t know why I felt this way but I did. It is very empowering to not drink. Save not only calories, but money and the next day from being a waste!!

Jan. 2, 2009 I started a Biggest Loser Challenge with my Nutrisystem friends (I weighed in at 163.8lbs). There are over 250 people who are partaking in the challenge!! WOW!! This has motivated me to start moving again. I have committed to doing 30 min of cardio a day for at least 21 days. There will be days that I have to break this up into two 15 min sessions… but that is better then not moving at all.

For Christmas I made the commitment to my husband that I WOULD hit my goal weight of 135 this year. I will not quit till I see that number on the scale!! I can only imagine at this point how good that is going to feel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment