Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sept. 8, 2008

Today was the 2st day with my new team. It was a nice change of pace. I moved to my new cube and feel at home. One of the team members mentioned they were having a food day for me later in the week - feels nice to be welcomed. I heard my new manager talking about supervisor rotations, sounded like maybe under a different director. Something I wanted when they presented this change to me - so that makes me feel like I might miss out. Why do I feel this way? I have the opportunity to learn something new, develop myself, have less stress & still stay in management. So what is my problem? I need to learn to be thankful for what I have & not want for more. This extends past my work life but in my home life as well. It feels that I always want more - lose more weight, have more things, have a bigger house, want more children. I need to stop daily and realize how blessed I am to have the things I do - beautiful husband, daughter & dog, nice home with nice things, food to put on the tale and money to pay the bills!

DH called and asked me to go get some lunch with him today. It has been a long time since he has done that and I really wanted to join him. The problem is I brought my lunch and need to eat OP & am trying to save $. So, I sad no and stuck to the plan. He was very understanding! I am looking forward to seeing the scale go down for the 1st time in a long time.

Daycare called today, there was an incident - DD was not involved but there were kids who were playing the 'you show me yours and I will show you mine' game. So they had a 'talk' about private parts. Just seems kids grow up too fast these days. I can't believe how bid my DD is getting. Reminds me every day how short life is and I need to spend as much time as I can with my loved ones!

Today I made better food choices and plan to continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment