Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shhh, are you listening?

One of the hardest things for me to do while growing up was to stop talking. It wasn't until I was an adult that I understood that while talking, I was not listening. I am sure I have missed a lot growing up not 'listening' and now my daughter is walking in my footsteps. It is hard as a parent to watch your children make the same mistakes you made.

This weekend at Church we learned about listening to God. When I pray, I start off thanking God for the things I have and then asking Him for the things I want. Not too often do I start off with asking God what he wants to talk to me about. What is He telling me that I am too busy talking to hear? It is amazing how many of my life lessions I am trying to teach my child that apply to my relationship with God!!! This week I am going to try to slow down and listen before speaking... Maybe if I display the behavior I am asking of my child she will follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment