Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Moving forward

Well it has been almost two weeks since I have posted. Those seem to have gone by fast!! We started DD at a new preschool. We had been thinking about this for a long time and felt in our hearts it was the right move. She LOVES her new school and is doing very well. We feel much more comfortable with her there and feel she is learning more. She does have a hard time taking her nap and wants to talk instead (she is JUST like her mommy :))so we will have to work on that.

DH has been talking about a fitness club he went to several weeks ago. His brother belongs, some of his friends as well as a good friend of mine. So, we checked out the club closer to us for a compare. They are night and day and ended up going with the club he wanted. I am so excited to get back into working out. I have gained weight on this journey and part of that was the meds. I also have to be honest... part of it was my eating habits! While the urge to work out was still there when I would try it would just hurt. So, I am glad to be feeling better and able to get into the swing of things. I have met my friend twice so far and LOVE it. The time goes by much faster when you have someone to talk to. It is also nice to get in some 'girl' time! Tomorrow we are starting our morning work outs at 5:30!! YIKES - that is early but will feel so good to know by the time I get to work all that I will have accomplished. I also know when I work out in the morning, I get more done during the day!

We went to see our counselor this weekend. I feel as though I have moved past this phase and right into the next one. At first I thought it was because I wasn't dealing with how I felt. After meeting with her, I believe that I have been grieving through each step of this process. While there is a little part of me that will always hurt for that baby we were not able to create, I am moving on with my life. It truly feels good to shut the door and move on (of course we are always open to God's will what ever that may be). I have grown through this process in my marriage, relationship with others and most importantly with God. When this journey started I just wanted to know how it was going to end. If you would have told me 25+ months ago that we would be here with out a little baby - I would have been devastated. Through each step, we worked through our hurdles and moved forward. This has made DH and I lean on each other in a way we never have before, and it felt good. To know that we were by each other's side through this whole process is very comforting. I have met some wonderful people along our journey who have shared their stories and helped me be open to God's will. For that I will forever be grateful!! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, I have comfort knowing how much our loved ones cared!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. I love to hear how you've grown... and it's obvious how much you love your husband! That's awesome. Many blessings for your family. Also - thanks for blogging about this journey. We haven't seen nearly as much of you over these last few months, so I'm glad to have been able to stay connected to you through your blog. Looking forward to getting back into our normal routine this weekend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete