Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wonderful Weekend


This weekend was so wonderful and complete with my first sunburn of the season. Friday started us off with at relaxing night at home enjoying family time. My wonderful DH knew I was not feeling well from my fertility medicine and gave me some time alone to relax (and I didn't even have to ask - he just knew). My mom, DH & DD all went to the parade & carnival here in town on Saturday. As we got out of the van, we saw my cousin, his wife and two girls and his mom (my mom's sister) and his dad. Our DD is 8 months younger then his oldest and 8 months older then his youngest (so they are all 8 months apart - confusing, I know). It has been a while since we have spent time with them and it was wonderful to watch the girls play together. I know that God was looking down doing his planning and putting us in the right spot at the right time!! After the parade, we went over to the carnival and enjoyed the rides!! The smile and laughter on the Tea Cups with DD and DH was worth the sick feeling from all the spinning around. I do NOT like heights, so DD went on the Farris Wheel with my cousin's wife & daughter. Here smile did not fade from that all weekend!! After a long day in the sun, we went home and all took naps. Some friends of ours asked us over for pizza so, we got up and went on over (even the dog!). They too have two daughters so our DD was LOVING all the play time she was getting in over the weekend. Today her best friend from school had her over for a 'play date'. She had a great time....

As for the medication. It has taken it's toll on me. I have had headaches as a side effect and have an upset stomach most of the time. The mood swings have been in full effect as well. I think it has been a blessing that we have not only been busy but surrounded by loved ones to help ease the moodiness. Tomorrow is the last pill of this crazy medicine and I hope that with it goes the side effects (even though I know it could take a couple of days for it to be out of my system). We go in for an ultrasound on Thursday (this tell us if the drugs are working and monitors me to make sure we are not going to have multiplies) and then we will find out what the next steps are. I know I have been quite on here as I am not always sure what to say. Again, your love, kind words and prayers are comforting beyond words. We love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying for you guys! And I hope that the side effects wear off quickly for your sake! Lydia has already been asking when we can have Alex and Lacey back over again! We need to plan it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you on Thursday and every day as you continue on this journey! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete