Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cook chicken in the microwave?


Yep - it can be done, and the end product is quite tasty. So, I have been looking at ways to eat more healthy to help keep my blood pressure under control. Unfortunately, the best way to do that is to cook your own meals. While I love to cook, I don't always have the time or energy to do so. While watching one of my favorite shows, Biggest Loser, I saw them microwave some chicken. This got me thinking, if I can microwave chicken... I can have fresh chicken for lunch at work. So, yesterday I ventured into the isle at the store that has the Ziploc 'zip'n steam' bags. They come with a whole list of recipes that I am excited to try out. Yesterday I just bought some seasoning, sprinkled the chicken, nuked it for a few minutes and there is was... a healthy, tasty lunch. I also steamed some veggies to go with it! I am so excited about this!! There are instructions that tell you how long to microwave depending on what you are cooking and if it is fresh or frozen. This means at the end of the day when I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer, I can still have a healthy meal in just a few minutes... AWESOME!!

Oh and by the way - the chicken was nice a moist and not dried out like I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment