Monday, March 30, 2009

You Are What You Eat

My mom used to tell me this when I was young and would have a break out on my face. I was always under the impression that chocolate and greasy food would make my face have pimples.

In December I decided to take a new path to become helthy. I started nutrisystem and exercise. I felt great! I had lots of energy, could sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and for the most part in a better mood all around. Well Last month I decided it was my last NS month. I didn't renew my food order and thought I would be fine. I started eating 'normal' food again and have noticed a drastic change in me! My body doesn't feel so great again, I don't have as much energy and I sanp at the mention of a problem!! I also notice that when I don't drink enough water, my headaches come back - and that is no fun for not only me but those around me. So, after talking with DH yesterday - I am back on track. I might not be eating all NS food but I know what I should/should not eat and I KNOW I need to get back to my exercise!!

As I was pondering this on the way to work this morning I realized that this applies to my spiritual world as well. "EVERYONE WHO DRINKS THIS WATER WILL BE THIRSTY AGAIN, BUT WHOEVER DRINKS THE WATER THAT I GIVE HIM WILL NEVER THIRST."
( JOHN 4:13*NIV ) When I am not in the word, everything in my life is impacted. I am great at having a conversation with God - but what food am I giving my soul? I need to read my Bible more often and replenish my soul with my Father's words and guidance. When I am not doing this, my attitude is all wrong!! When I am in the Word, my relationship with others are so much better - and I make the choices to be more like Christ, which in turn end up being the 'right' choice.

So, I am going to devote 5 minutes a day to read some scripture and feed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment