Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Temptation!!


So, I haven't been eating the way I know I should for about a week now. I can feel a difference in how I 'think' I look. Ever day I start out as "today I will make good choices" and then temptation hits. In the past to overcome these temptations - I was very well prepared. Lately I have not been. Some of that falls on me not waiting to be prepared and some of it is the element of surprise. While I can't control the surprise goodies in the office - I can control how I respond to them. So, today I am walking down the hall and there is my boss with a BIG sheet of wonderfully looking cup-cakes. With out even thinking I reached in a grabbed one. On my way back to my desk I had the internal conversation - it is just one - but that is one more then I should have. As I sat down I made the decision I would take it home to DD. It is going to sit on my desk all day and I am going to make it because that is the choice I am making. It will be a reminder of the positive choices I need to make not each and every day but all day!! I will change the way I have been the last week and get back on track. I have come too far and felt too good to turn back now. I need to remember all the positive changes I saw in myself & in my family.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Good job.

    Over from mothering TTC. Just thought I would visit your blog.

    Having a contest for a rebozo on mine, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete