Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our first RE appointment

We have set up our first appointment for May 4th. The first consultation is 3 hours long and will involve several tests. The test results will be back with in the consultation so we will know where we are headed from there. I am excited to get this train moving so we can move forward with our lives. On the doctor's website is written:
"Experiencing infertility is considered to be a major life crisis, and many times it is the first one that married couples face together. Research has demonstrated that women with infertility have the same levels of anxiety and depression as do women with cancer, heart disease, and HIV+ status."
Well, because DH and I have one child I don't think this is the first major life crisis we have come to and I know we will make the other side of this - regardless of the outcome. I have been blessed to have a husband who asks how I am feeling and actually wants to hear the unedited answer. I know there are times that am overwhelmed with 'infertility' and have a hard time identifying myself as such. I also know that there are several of you out there who love and support us and for that we are truly thankful!! Your kind words and knowing you are there help me make it through my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment