Thursday, April 9, 2009

Next Steps


Well DH and I are moving forward with our next steps in our struggle with fertility. This last cycle was emotionally draining on me and I was finding it hard on days just to make it out of bed. We sat down and for the first time I felt DH just listened... he didn't try to fix, or help, just listened. We then decided to call my OBGYN and let her know we were ready for a referral to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). After talking with the lady at the new doctors office, she directed me to download some paper work and complete it. This includes sending information to our current doctors to have them send on our medical records. Once the RE receives all information needed and reviews our medical history they will set up an apt. with us. Just the paperwork alone is a little overwhelming. It is so easy to get lost in this process that I am not sure how I am going to make it through some of this. I know that I have an amazing husband that will hold my hand through this if I just let him.

Every night when I go to bed I am asking God to soften my heart that I may be open to his will even if that is never having another child. I ask for his strength to help guide me through some of the tough decisions we are going to face...

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you as you begin this new journey. If you need a listening ear, I'm here anytime. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so open and honest about your struggle with infertility. Your vulnerability will truly be a blessing to others. I will definitely be praying for you. If you ever need a walking partner to just listen, I am always here.

    ReplyDelete