Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What are my goals?

I have been thinking for a while now I need to define my goals so I can measure progress. When I say goals, I am including weight loss, family, work - everything. The thought of defining these and writing them down is overwhelming! The first that comes to mind is the one that is closest to my heart and one I struggle most with. I am a little embarrassed to even admit that I struggle... I NEED to spend more time with my daughter. I know that she won't be 'little' for long and I don't want to ever look back with regrets. When she is not around, I miss her. When she is around, I always feel like there are things I need to get done. I need to get better at putting 'my' things aside and putting her first. She is amazing and deserves my undivided attention as much as I can give it to her. My goal is to set aside 1 hour every night for her. This is her time to do what ever she wants to do. This time will be outside of dinner, bath and getting ready for bed. It will truly be spent the way she wants to spend it. This leads me to my next goal and that is to get daily exercise in. If I make my dd a priority, I need to get up in the morning and get this done so it will not interfere with my time with her. My goal is to get in 60 min of exercise in every morning. So, starting tomorrow morning, I need to get up at 5 to get this in. When my alarm goes off tomorrow morning I need to remember these goals and get my butt out of bed!! Another person I hold near and dear to my heart is my DH. He is truly amazing and supports all my crazy ideas. I need to make my time with him more of a priority. I just need to vocalize when there is something I want to do, or time I want to spend with him. I am going to start planning date nights with him. There are some that I want to be dinner/out of the house activities... but I want to be creative and find things for us to connect at home. The last but not least that comes to my is my dog, she needs more attention. When she get attention she is a different dog. I try to get out and walk her when the weather is nice and need to continue this as we move into spring.

My goal is to log in every day and blog on my progress to these goals. I want to always have these goals on my mind as I move through the day to make sure I am doing what I can to achieve these.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment